Mold Testing

Mold Testing

Mold Basics

Mold is caused by moisture.

If mold is a problem in your home, it should be cleaned up promptly and the cause of the moisture should be found and stopped immediately.

Should Mold be Growing in My Home?

Although mold growth is a part of the natural environment, it should be avoided indoors. Molds reproduce by means of tiny spores; the spores are invisible to the naked eye and float through outdoor and indoor air. Mold starts to grow when mold spores land on wet surfaces. There are many types of mold, and none of them will grow without water or moisture.

Mold has the potential to cause health problems. Molds produce allergens (substances that can cause allergic reactions), irritants, and in some cases, potentially toxic substances (mycotoxins). Allergic responses include hay fever-type symptoms, such as sneezing, runny nose, red eyes, and skin rash (dermatitis). Mold can also cause asthma attacks in people with asthma who are allergic to mold. For more detailed information consult a health professional. You may also wish to consult your state or local health department.

Receiving a Mold Inspection

If there is mold growth in your home, you must clean up the mold and fix the water problem. A trained mold assessor can determine what parts of the property have mold and where the moisture fueling the mold is coming from. Our inspectors will be able to identify the problem and provide you with the necessary information for hiring a mold removal company.

To learn more about Mold Testing, call us at: (646) 665-4399