Lead Paint

Lead-based paint is a concern in most homes built before 1978. Before the decline in use and eventual ban of lead-based paint, it was considered a high quality and durable paint. It is estimated that over 80% of the homes built before 1978 contain some lead-based paint.

Exposure to Lead Paint

Exposure to Lead Paint

The primary concern with having lead-based paint in the home is lead poisoning from inhaling lead dust, ingesting lead dust from placing hands or other objects covered with lead dust in the mouth or even ingesting lead paint chips. Particularly at risk are young children under the age of six years. Their innate and indiscriminate habits of putting objects in their mouths make them most susceptible to ingesting lead dust or paint chips. Their smaller body mass allows dangerously high concentrations of lead to develop more easily with minimal exposure. Also at risk from exposure to lead-based paint are pregnant women.

Get your home checked for lead-based paint by our New York home inspections team to protect your family's health.

Call today to get your home checked for Lead Paint: (646) 665-4399